The decorating junkies better watch out with this store! Conveniently my job is about 20 miles West in a town called Framingham (it’s still weird that West is away from the beach) and TJX also has their headquarters there. This is where the first HomeSense opened in the US.
I always joke with Danny about my lunch breaks because there’s everything you could possibly need to do, errand wise within 5 minutes from my office. Target, World Market, HomeGoods, Petsmart, Traders, I could go on. So we joke about what I buy, as my lunch breaks can get quite pricey. Today won.
When starting my job, my boss told me about the new version of HomeGoods opening soon and of course I was all over it. I followed HomeSense on Instagram and Pinterest anxiously awaiting for the day the store opened, as the pictures of the stores in Canada and the UK already looked amazing. Well, today was the day.
It opened at 8AM, and I have to be at work by 9. I did contemplate going before work, but I didn’t want to be rushed. My friend and I decided to go on our lunch break, and here’s what we found:
Even after going, we don’t really know the difference between HomeGoods and HomeSense, all we know is we love them both. Literally. I saw HomeSense as an extension of HomeGoods.
The differences I saw?
- HomeSense has no pet section, so Gatsby was a little sad with that.
- HomeGoods has way more kitchen and bathroom stuff. HomeSense has a little scattered around but overall, not a lot.
- HomeSense’s lighting section was huge! As I already had a cart with my wall art (see below) sticking out, I didn’t venture into it in fear of knocking one over. But I did see a few that caught my eye. The rug section was also very large.
- HomeSense also had like almost a man cave section with foosball and giant wall card art.
- There was more bigger items in general than HomeGoods, like bedframes, bar carts, etc.
- HomeSense had a general store- my guess? because girls drag their significant others into it and spend far too long so the guys needed a section to kill time in
The opening day
I heard the checkout line was over an hour in the morning, but they had it down to a science by the time I was there. Someone was packaging up, while the other was ringing up. You were given a free reusable bag when entering. And you know I’ll be reppin’ HomeSense loud and proud with that. They also had waters and chocolate to grab. When we walked in we saw no carts or arm carts, I quickly was given a cart from a worker when he saw my struggle of carrying it. It wasn’t standing room only but navigating with a cart was difficult so I will most definitely go back and spend longer, look more when the crowds die down…if they ever.
First picture: I got two pieces of wall art..can you tell the travel bug is itching? And a decent size fake palm plant for our bedroom.
Second Picture: I got more travel bug bites and bought another wall art. A mug (of course), luggage tags, two great smelling candles because you can never have too many, a book, a notepad, another fake plant..I’m thinking this one will either go on my dresser or coffee table TBD, and a bowl.
Now all I need is all my belongings to come from California (which they are in route) so I can finally have a put together apartment. I’m sure I will be going back to HomeGoods AND HomeSense to put the final touches on once all of it comes.
~ XOXO, the decorating junkie, Amanda