If you’ve visited Southern California or the west coast, chances are people have told you that In-N-Out is a must try. And I couldn’t agree more. It’s not hyped or overrated, it’s a necessity. In-N-Out is slowly but surely moving East & I can’t wait for the dream that one opens up in Boston (I can dream, right?).
The Normal In-N-Out Menu
They have their basics of hamburgers, cheeseburgers, french fries, drinks, and milkshakes. Every burger comes with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, raw onions, their famous sauce and of course a toasted bun. Listed on their menu is a “double-double” which is your typical burger just with two patties, I thought it was a little self-explanatory, but you can never be too careful with the newbies. That’s the easy stuff, now we get to the good stuff.
In-N-Out Secret Menu
The In N Out secret menu, maybe it’s not so secret to everyone anymore, it’s easily accessible online. But here’s an insider look at their secret menu.
- Animal Style: your delicious burger with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, extra spread, and grilled onions. FYI: You can have any burger made animal style.
- Animal Style Fries: fries with cheese, spread, and grilled onions.
- Double/Triple Meat: number of meat patties without any cheese.
- Protein Style: instead of a bun, your burger is wrapped in lettuce. Any burger can be made this way.
- X by Y: X = meat patties with Y = number of cheese slices. For example, you could say a 3 x 3 or a 4 x 3.
- Flying Dutchman: two meat patties with two slices of cheese. Nothing else.
- Grilled Cheese: buns with two slices of cheese, toasted of course.
- Neopolitan Shake: your typical strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla shake for when you can’t decide which flavor to get. You can also pick and choose any combination of them.
- Cheese Fries: fries that are loaded with cheese.
- Root Beer Float: your classic root beer float. You get a root beer soda with vanilla ice cream.
My go to order from In N Out’s Secret Menu? Protein style, animal style, with fries and a Neopolitan shake. I am drooling just thinking about it! Enjoy your meal at In-N-Out, as if I needed to actually tell you that.
~ XOXO, the animal style In N Out, lovin’, Amanda